Red Chicken with Toasted Corn Tortillas

This chicken is fast, cheap, easy, and healthy; a real winner all around! It was inspired by a recipe from my local HEB called Enchilada Surprise. I did not have enchilada sauce in my pantry, but I did have tomato sauce that I doctored up. I also wanted to add in some bell peppers for extra veggies and it just so happened that all I had were red bell peppers! Thus, Red Chicken was born....

the before shot
and the after shot




Red Chicken w/toasted corn tortillas
serves aprx 4

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts- sliced or diced
2 tbs evoo
1 can tomato sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 cup chopped onion
1 red bell pepper- chopped
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 corn tortillas- cut into strips

preheat oven to 400*
In a large skillet, cook chicken in evoo until fully cooked. set aside.
In a 9x13" baking dish- mix together tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, onion, bell pepper, and diced tomatoes. Add chicken and mix to coat completely.  Sprinkle chicken/veggie mixture with cheddar cheese and top with tortilla strips.
Bake for about 20-30 mins until the tortilla strips are nice and crispy.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. This looks wonderful. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Saw this post over at Hungry Little Girl! I love new twists on Mexican food! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! This looks and sounds so comforting!
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - hope to see you there again this week with more of your deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading, wont you leave me a little note? Comments make me feel special and cool.