Coconut Popsicles

I am dyyyying to be back at the beach. Seriously someone please come and kidnap me and take me to the coast! It probably doesn't help that I am writing this with this song on repeat.....


You may have noticed that my coconut love affair is still going strong. I think this is the real thing y'all....like, forever! I mean, we haven't said it to each other yet, but I really feel like coconut may be.... the one.


These popsicles definitely don't hurt that argument. Sweet, creamy, coco-nutty, and uber delicious now that it's a bajillion degrees outside every day. I can eat one of these with my eyes closed and pretend I'm at the beach..... right?


I found this recipe by just doing a google search. I switched it up a little to make it slightly easier on my pocketbook and waistline. Y'all have to try this one- it'd be a great contribution to a 4th of July party!




Coconut Popsicles
adapted from Delish

1 cup sweetened shredded coconut (truthfully, unsweetened would work just fine)
14 oz of Coconut Milk
3/4 cup fat free half & half
1 can (13.5oz) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coconut extract

Blend all ingredients with a hand mixer or blender. pour into popsicle molds and... this is the hard part, put them in the freezer and WAIT for them to set. About 5 hours. I know!


PS- the girls at my summer camp have decided that instead of playing "house" or "school" they're going to play "restaurant", which I am totally digging.
This was one of the menus....
But the best part was when I was working on a newsletter and one of them came up behind me and put this on the table and said "here's your margarita Ms. Susan". LOL how did she know!?!?

Comments

  1. Mmmm. The heat here is insane right now, and I've been craving some popsicles lately. Will definitely have to give these a go! I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the "Versatile Blogger Award" because I love your content and versatility - http://foodforthefresh.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading, wont you leave me a little note? Comments make me feel special and cool.